Saturday, December 10, 2005
Our next book
...is the Constant Gardener by John LeCarre. I like LeCarre - I have read a number of his earlier books although none recently- so I am looking forward to it. I have to wait for Christmas though as my husband has bought it for my stocking! I think this author both writes well (with a literary style) and also has great story lines, plot and action - the kind of book my husband could also like whereas some of the books we read in our circle he doesn't care to finish!
- Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
- A medley of extemporanea;
- And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
- And I am Marie of Romania.
- Dorothy Parker, Not So Deep as a Well (1937)