Friday, May 13, 2005
The Spiral Staircase
That's our next book, a memoir by Karen Armstrong. I am looking forward to reading it. My sister recommended it highly and I was glad when someone put it on our book circle's list. The staircase metaphor is a good one with the spiral adjective descriptive of the vagaries of life. An inventive title. There are some reader reviews here.
- Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
- A medley of extemporanea;
- And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
- And I am Marie of Romania.
- Dorothy Parker, Not So Deep as a Well (1937)