Thursday, May 12, 2005

not -sob-even honorable mention-sob

Well, my story didn't win. I didn't really expect it too but you know I did hope I might get a mention. Well, at least now I can go ahead, work it up a bit and send it elsewhere. I do think it has potential and so do my writing buddies, well some of them anyway. If you want to take a peek at the winning stories at writersweekly.com they are here.

I thought the winning story was a bit inane and the 2rd place story a trifle predictable, although well written....a will! Of course I had thought of that one first off! They put such an emphasis on good endings and I thought the ending on that one fell a bit flat. So he found the will ( and some money!) but what was IN the will? and wasn't he duty bound to show the will to the others? Too many questions unanswered. The 3rd place story was inventive at least but a perhaps a trifle forced? Am I biased? Probably, but I would appreciate your comments, especially those who have heard my story.

No comments:

Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
And I am Marie of Romania.
Dorothy Parker, Not So Deep as a Well (1937)