Thursday, August 03, 2006

Back from the heartland


Or should I say HEATland. G_d it is nice to be back in NS where it is a trifle cooler.

Just before I left I discovered the minibookexpo for bloggers and signed up for two books. They weren't the ones I wanted first but having come across the site late there weren't too many left. However, I am anxiously awaiting my (second) choices from what was left on the shelf. They are That Girl Lucy Moon and The Double Life of Anna Day. Both are books for young adults which is fine since my daughter is home and she and I will have fun reading them and comparing notes. She has writing aspirations too and would love to write for young adults some day. So stay tuned!

In the meantime, until the post arrives, I will be reading The Wreckage by Michael Crummy, our next book circle book, which is finally out in paperback. I picked it up yesterday. That is in between doing all the laundry!

No comments:

Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
And I am Marie of Romania.
Dorothy Parker, Not So Deep as a Well (1937)