Friday, April 01, 2005
Short Story Challenge
I have entered an on-line short story contest. The challenge is to write a short story of a given length and theme in 24 hours, starting April 9th. I don't hope to win only to get the writing done and send it in. By announcing my goal here I hope to increase the odds that I will meet the challenge. I will let you know how I do - or don't!
- Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
- A medley of extemporanea;
- And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
- And I am Marie of Romania.
- Dorothy Parker, Not So Deep as a Well (1937)